(Stroke and other Neurological Disorders)
This workshop will be focusing on stroke and other neurological diseases that burden our society and aims to provide clinical training to undergraduates on the basics of treatment and management of such patients through interactive discussions and practical learning.
– Case scenarios to help in identifying, localizing and giving immediate treatment .
– First hand experience of the definitive management for stroke and learning about the complications of stroke and their subsequent management.
– EEG Demonstration and interpretation the EEG patterns (normal and abnormal) with examples of case scenarios.
– Demonstrations of nerve conduction test
– Demonstration of mechanical thrombectomy using a simulator.
Here’s hoping this workshop sparks an interest in you in the field of neurology so that many young minds walk out with the aim of becoming neurologists!
Maximum seats: 50
Ideas and innovations stem from the basic root i.e. action. Pathology, Haematoncology and Radiation Therapy dept. together presents to you this workshop which will give you the spark to drive those actions. This workshop focuses on laboratory diagnosis and treatment of various malignancies. The undergraduates will get clinical training on the steps involved in diagnosing and treating these cancers and they will also learn how to approach incurable patients and make their lives better. Thus, it will be an interactive session with the aim of giving the students an insight into cancer management.
– Early and accurate diagnosis of cancer.
– Use of pathological applications for making diagnosis.
– Use of various modalities for treating cancer.
– Palliation – when prognosis is poor.
Maximum seats: 60
BASIC LIFE SUPPORT (BLS) – AHA Certified
90% of people who suffer out-of-hospital cardiac arrests die. CPR if given within few minutes can double or triple the chance of survival. This BLS instructor led clinical course provides both single rescuer and team based basic life support training for application in both prehospital and in facility environments.
– High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
– The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
– Use of an AED
– Effective ventilations using a barrier device
– Bag and mask technique
– Importance of teams in multi-rescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multi rescuer CPR
– Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
Come and get hands-on training at this American Heart Association accredited workshop and get equipped with the right set of skills to save a life as a doctor in training!
Maximum seats: 50
India being the diabetic capital of the world and we being the future doctors should definitely be one step ahead when it comes to having the skills and knowledge to manage and treat diabetic patients.
This delegate friendly workshop will give you the chance to express your experience as a Type 2 Diabetic who has been be put on Diabetic regime for a day! Sounds interesting right? We will also be having patients interacting and sharing their experience with the students
Get the chance to examine the only palpable Endocrine organ (of course not in males!), the Thyroid.
– Clinical training on Diabetes and living as a Type 2 Diabetic for a day (diabetic food regime + s.c. injections)
– Session involving interaction of the delegates with patients
– Use of glucometers
– Hands on examination of thyroid
Maximum seats: 40
Be ready to develop your core skills to channelize an easier and skillful approach towards ailments of the human heart through this workshop.
We begin with fundamental concepts of electrocardiogram(ECG) – the quintessential investigation that medical students find most daunting.
The workshop also includes a clinical session on murmurs – their identification and localisation, investigations along with talks on the emerging breakthrough techniques and surgeries by expert cardiologists.
– Hands on experience with ECG interpretation.-Murmurs : identification and localisation
– Identification of common arrhythmias.
– Management modalities – Coronary Angiography, Interventional Cardiology, CABG and Valve replacement surgery.
– Interactive session with the experts.
Maximum seats: 50
Interested in the skeletal system and everything that makes it move? Come and rekindle your love for this highly sought after branch.
Our goal is to equip the participants to manage common orthopaedic conditions, emphasizing on grasping knowledge and surgical skills.
The multi-pronged design of the workshop aims at clinically training the participants on the fundamentals of Orthopaedics and hands-on experience done under the guidance of efficient and experienced Orthopaedicians in the field.
-Emergency Trauma Care and Basic principles of fracture
-Care of spinal injuries
-Understanding the fundamentals of arthroscopic techniques
- Basic Life Support
- Application of POP cast
- Skeletal Traction/ External fixation
- Removal of POP cast
- Nailing and Plating
Maximum seats: 40
CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE
- CKD: The clinical pathophysiology reconstructed
- CKD: The past, present and future
- CKD: Approaching staging and complications
- Renal replacement therapy
- CKD case management for best outcomes.
Tutorial (case based)
- Acid base and blood gas analysis
Hemodialysis and Peritoneal Dialysis
Skills workshop (mannequin based hands on):
- Hemodialysis temporary access
- Hemodialysis arterio-venous access
- Peritoneal dialysis access
- Renal biopsy
- Interactive session with videos
- Self assessment/personality exercises
- Discussion on major psychological problems
- A talk on suicide and de-addiction